It all began with a mother who lost her child in a drunk driving crash. She turned grief into positive change; her work and the work of so many other mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers started a movement that has saved 300,000 lives…and counting. We too, are mothers: Andy, mother of four and Tammy, mother of three. So, when we were approached by Desiree, who lost her mother to a drunk driver, to support the Orange County Walk like MADD – we get it.
Why Does MADD Do a Walk?
Because far too much work needs to be done to eliminate drunk driving, prevent underage drinking and serve victims.
Did you know?
- Last year, 10,839 people died in drunk-driving crashes – one every 50 minutes.
- Every minute, one person is injured from an alcohol-related crash.
- One in three people will be involved in an alcohol-related crash in their lifetime.
- MADD serves a victim or survivor of drunk driving every 10 minutes.
- Teen alcohol use kills about 6000 people each year, more than all illegal drugs combined.
- Car crashes are the leading cause of death for teens, and one out of three of those is alcohol related.
Every step taken will help raise funds and awareness for MADD’s programs and services that will serve to keep our children and communities safe.
Repeat Possessions was honored to donate our black camisole and leopard print tube top, the same items offered at The KIIS FM Grammy Gifting Suite this year – because we feel the leaders who step and lead the way in The Walk Like MADD event are the true ROCK STARS!
If you too would like to help make a difference
please click here.