It’s hard not to get excited about the Olympics when they finally arrive! I’ve been totally hooked!
I especially the inspiration it brings, this time in a crafty way! This necklace is the perfect way to show your spirit without being over the top! So cute!
Here is all you need to make your very own:
1) Cord in 5 different colors: red, green, yellow, blue, and black. I used Chinese knotting cord in micro size G, which I ordered from here. You could also use crochet thread, embroidery thread, or embroidery floss, all of which are readily available at craft stores.
2) 26 Gauge Wire
3) G-S Hypo Cement, or another strong jewelry-type glue. Michaels carries Aleene’s or E-6000, which both should work.
4) 5 rings (I actually bought a cheap Claire’s Accessories necklace and took it apart, but you can find these at Michaels in different sizes, too).
5) A few binder clips
6) Chain in desired length. I used about 17″, divided into two lengths of 8.5″. You could get something simple and inexpensive like this, or check out a jewelry supplier like Rio Grande or Fire Mountain Gems.
7) Two jump rings and one clasp. (The clasp isn’t pictured. Sorry!)
Most, if not all, of these things can be found at Michaels or JoAnn Fabric.
Check our the full tutorial here and wear your rings with pride!