Strawberries are hands-down one of my favorite fruits. There are so many ways to enjoy them and they can put a healthy twist on just about any meal or dessert. Packed full of antioxidants, omega-3’s, fiber, and vital nutrients, these beautiful berries are a wonderful addition to your diet! Bonus points if your shirt or socks matches the strawberries 😉
Here are my favorite 10 ways to eat (and drink) strawberries:
1. Dipped in Nutella (because… yes. Just, yes.)
2. In your greens- Like this strawberry and spinach salad with a honey balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Try out this recipe via allrecipes.com!
3. Frozen in white wine for a delicious way to keep your drink cool
4. Strawberry…salsa? You read that right. Strawberry salsa makes a tasty topping for your everyday grilled pork, beef, chicken, or even fish. Get adventurous with this recipe via myrecipes.com!
5. In your morning parfait!
6. As a cooling summer treat- Such as my favorite Strawberry Basil Ice-cream. Try your hand at this dessert via myrecipes.com.
7. In a smoothie- Simply gather together your favorite frozen fruits, veggies, and juice and blend until smooth.
8. Strawberry Shortcake- A necessary staple during strawberry season. Grab yourself some Bisquick and try out this simple recipe via Betty Crocker. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
9. Dipped in fresh whipped cream- This low calorie snack will curb that sweet tooth craving without messing with your fitness.
10. Strawberry Lemonade: Refreshing and easy to make, this lemonade will be the hit of all your Summer gatherings. Spike it with a little vodka for more of a kick. Recipe via foodnetwork.com.
image via PBS.org
These are my favorite ways to eat strawberries, what are yours? Tell us in the comments below.