Bikinis, BBQ’s, and Beers, oh my! Summer is here, which means we’ll most likely be spending our days off enjoying the sunshine and sipping on something refreshing while someone fans us with a giant palm leaf… Okay maybe not that last part, but you get the idea. I don’t know about you, but I’m definitely one of those people who would rather spend their poolside calorie intake on some delicious summer foods instead of soaking it up in high-cal drinks or beer.
I’ve put together a list of some of my favorite low-calorie Summer cocktails so you can feel confident and healthy during all of this season’s festivities. These yummy drinks are perfect for the Fourth of July and the best part- they’re all under 150 calories so you’ll still have room for dessert! You feel me?
1. The Sangria Sparkler
Great for sharing!
1 bottle of dry red wine
1 cup light orange juice
¼ cup of brandy (or cognac)
¼ cup orange liqueur
2 tbs sugar
2 oranges, sliced
2 cups club soda, chilled
Crushed ice and/or orange peel curls (for garnish)
1) In a large pitcher, combine wine, orange juice, brandy (or cognac), orange liqueur, sugar, and orange slices. Chill for at least 2 hours. Add club soda just before serving.
2) Pour over crushed ice, garnish with orange peels, and share with your friends!
2. Strawberry Basil Spiked Lemonade
2 to 3 strawberries
2 to 3 basil leaves
1 ounce vodka
1) Add bruised basil leaves, vodka, and lemonad
2) Stir, garnish with basil, and enjoy!
3. Healthy Girl Daiquiri
No summer is complete without a strawberry daiquiri by the pool.
1 cup coconut water
¼ cup honey
1 packet Stevia
4 shots rum
Juice from 1 lemon
Juice from 1 lime
6 fresh strawberries
1 cup ice
1) Puree all ingredients in a blender until smooth and frothy
2) Take a sip and instantly feel like you’re in an Island paradise
4. Skinny Pina Colada
If you like pina coladas… you’ll love this skinny version!
1 parts Pinnacle coconut vodka
2 parts club soda
Splash organic pineapple juice
Pineapple slice, cherry, mango slice (for garnish)
1) Shake (or blend) all of the ingredients with ice
2) Garnish with fruit slices and enjoy!
5. Watermelon Cucumber Mojito
Cool and refreshing!
Sprig of fresh mint
1 cup of watermelon, cubed
5 parts Skinnygirl Cucumber Vodka
2 tsp. agave nectar
2 Lime wedges (for garnish)
1) Squeeze lime wedge into glass
2) Muddle fruit with mint leaves and vodka
3) Add ice and agave nectar and top with soda water
4) Garnish with lime wedge and say, “cheers!”